“Rebuild Our Parish” Committee
The “Rebuild Our Parish” (ROP) committee was established from a core of skilled volunteers to address immediate needs and opportunities. It is a temporary committee charged with examining, and making recommendations for improving, all aspects of Parish functioning. The short-term functions have focused on establishing structures that will enable broader efforts. Those efforts are complementary to those of Parish Council, and are intended to ensure long-term capability and strength for SFA infrastructure.
- Establish a centralized communication “hub” system that can interface with existing systems and can be expanded as the Parish infrastructure changes and grows.
- Ensure a meaningful experience for the breadth of the Parish
- Assess Parish needs and establish a committee structure, and member capabilities, to meet those needs.
- Identify the Parish “personality”, building on strengths
- Assess needs and explore options for meeting current and future needs.
- Build capabilities to support Parish and community engagement
Committee Values and Culture
Be curious, not judgmental. - Walt Whitman
- We will be open-minded and seeking of answers and input. We will not enter a decision or discussion assuming that we have the “right” or only answer.
- We will seek to learn from the past by understanding decisions and situations.
- We will seek to learn the present needs and desires of the Parish.
- We will build processes and policies accordingly.
- Our service is for the advancement of the Parish and the Catholic Church, not ourselves.
- We will be inclusive of people, ideas, opinions, and observations
- We will endeavor to respond to input and questions among the committee and the parish, recognizing the impossibility (in the near term) of responding individually to everything.
- We will work to provide the means and mechanisms for necessary interactions and exchanges.
- We believe that significant change is needed and will think and act accordingly, when required
- We will be respectful of each other, of members of other committees, and the collective efforts of current and past committees and administrators.
“Assumption of Good Intent”
- We will assume that all people involved have, and had, good intent for the future of SFA and those working on its reform and maintenance.
Empirical and analytical
- We will endeavor, at reasonable cost, to
- work from data and not opinion
- ensure information is suitably assessed and analyzed
- We will endeavor to think, deliberate, and communicate in a refined manner, using outlets/forums that are amenable to thoughtful, inclusive, and respectful communication.
Open and Communicative
- We will endeavor, at reasonable cost, to provide relevant information to the Parish.